Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Visit The Science Centrum For Free

I really really really do think that in another life, that if I had lived through circumstances with a hefty focus on science and with the opportunities for such, I would've become some kind of loner, geek, research-type lab rat with a frustrated dream of becoming the #1 tennis player in the world, instead of what I am now: a loner, geek, reader, small businessman, with a frustrated dream of being the #1 tennis player in the world. (Yeah, that's right, Kyu ol' boy, you just go on kidding yourself about being smart enough to be a scientist. And if any of you out there believe in any of what I've just written, I have a bridge to sell you. Damn, the only consistent item here is that I'm a frustrated tennis player).

Anyway...

In the hopes of fostering the dreams of future, frustrated Pinoy lab rats, it is my pleasure to inform you that the Philippine Science Centrum will open its doors to bloggers and internet writers for free on May 16, 2009. Registration starts at 2:00, and the guided tour starts at 3:00 p.m. To inquire and/or reserve slots, email your name and your URL to bloggers(at)pfst(dot)org.

I've been to science museums in different countries, and these places practically swarm with people. The science museum in Hong Kong is crowded with young people trying out the various exhibits on Wednesdays, their day of free admission. The one time I went to the museum in Vancouver, it was the same. Ditto for the one in New York, and the one in Washington D.C. (though the ant and insect farms at the Smithsonian creeped out some of my companions; do you know how big some of their ants are? Humongous monsters! Fascinating). I hope the Philippine Science Centrum gets some younger Pinoys interested in science.

If you know any youngsters who may be interested, you may want to bring them to the Centrum on May 16, or on any other day your schedule allows. Heck, go there for yourselves, if you want.

2 Comments:

Anonymous carolle manalastas said...

hi. can i have the contact details to kemdy prints? very much appreciate it.

5:41 PM  
Blogger pgenrestories said...

Hi, Carolle. Please email me at pdofsf(at)yahoo(dot)com, so we can correspond. Thanks!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home